Jesus said, “For wherever two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.”
All women who are members or friends of the Presbyterian Church are members in good standing of Presbyterian Women. Please mark your calendars and join us at our meetings. We want and need you there!
Meeting/activity reminders will be posted in the Sunday bulletin and News Bits, sent via email, and/or posted on the church Facebook page.
Would you like to receive email updates but are currently not on the list? Send your request to [email protected]
Recap of 2022:
- Presbyterian Women is a group of caring women in the Presbyterian Church who support and work to strengthen the church while nurturing their own faith. Any woman who has participated in the First Presbyterian Church of Blairstown is considered a member of our “circle.”
- At First Presbyterian Church of Blairstown, we are Elders and Deacons. We are Sunday School teachers, choir members, choir directors, pianists and soloists. We are Worship Leaders, Ushers and Greeters. We support all the ministries in whatever they do.
- We’ve had Executive Board meetings throughout the year in an effort to plan activities for church members, to assess our monetary commitments and to have fun!
- We have raised money through our Bakeless Bake Sale and our sales of poinsettias and Easter flowers which was used to sponsor Katelyn & Kelly McElroy, Angelina Plut and Silas Stone in their Camp Johnsonburg experience. We have contributed to the Red Bird Mission by supporting Angelina Plut and Owen Walsh. We have also supported Andrea Morokutti on her trip to IPAI in Keifersfelden, Germany, and we have donated to St. Jude Children’s® Research Hospital.
- We enjoyed working together to Celebrate the Gifts of Women in May. We have arranged to have Reverend Sherry Blackman come to speak about her book Tales of the Trail. We have worked together to recreate Betsy’s Garden. We have worked at the Fourth of July picnic, as well as the Jingle on Main. We all had fun in November at the Advent Wreath Workshop. We recognized David Conrad as Presbyterian Man of the Year!
- We have organized the Annual Fish Dinner as well as ordered bags and dinners, baked desserts, sold tickets, packaged dinners, bought and delivered dinners.
- We not only worked for God, but we also developed relationships with each other and had fun!
Working together we can and do accomplish a lot!