Jesus said, “For wherever two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.”
All women who are members or friends of the Presbyterian Church are members in good standing of Presbyterian Women. Please mark your calendars and join us at our meetings. We want and need you there!
Meeting/activity reminders will be posted in the Sunday bulletin and News Bits, sent via email, and/or posted on the church Facebook page.
Would you like to receive email updates but are currently not on the list? Send your request to email@example.com.
Recap of 2021:
- Presbyterian Women is a group of caring women in the Presbyterian Church who support and work to strengthen the church while nurturing their own faith. Any woman who has participated in the First Presbyterian Church of Blairstown is considered a member or our circle. This year our circle has continued to help others.
- We began by establishing a Gift Card Mission Project, where we used monetary donations totaling over $1,500.00 to purchase gift cards from Loaves & Fishes to help those in our community adversely affected by the pandemic.
- In February, we participated in the Souper Bowl of Caring. In addition, Judy T. applied for a Tackle Hunger grant which allowed the church to order groceries for the Food Pantry. She also completed a grant offered through NORWESCAP that allowed Erika W. to refurbish the Food Pantry.
- In March, we sent out thinking of you notes to members of the congregation. We also gathered to Celebrate the Gifts of Women Sunday. So many talented and spiritual women were able to participate!
- During the summer, we were able to send Katelyn & Kelly M. to Camp Johnsonburg along with Angelina P. and Silas S. We also held a Bakeless Bake Sale to raise money for all of our endeavors. In addition, we have consistently sponsored a child through Children’s International.
- We worked with Membership to host an Open House in November. In December, we donated $500.00 worth of gift cards to Veteran’s Haven North to help the veterans who reside there have a happier holiday.
- During this difficult year, we were also able to recognize Jan S. with the Presbyterian Women’s Honorary Life Membership Award , as well as helping Presbyterian Men recognize David C. with the Presbyterian Men’s Honorary Life Membership Award. It was a wonderful experience for all!
- In addition, we have continued to place flowers on the altar each Sunday and sell Easter flowers and poinsettias for the holidays. We also host repasts, as we did for Jim R.
- In October, we supported Stewardship & Finance working, baking, selling tickets and attending the Fish Dinner.
- We also had the pleasure of honoring Pastor David on Pastor Appreciation Sunday by creating a ‘memory jar’ along with a gift card for dinner.
On behalf of the Executive Board, I thank you for your continued support.
Working together we can and do accomplish a lot!